[Tweeters] Re: Madera Canyon Eared Quetzel

Mark Egger m.egger at comcast.net
Sat Nov 3 18:46:58 PDT 2007

I've seen Resplendent and Crested Quetzals in the wild, as well as
numerous trogon species. When I was finally privileged to see a pair
of Eared Quetzals in Chihuahua, I was immediately struck by the
appropriateness of the re-naming of its common name. It really does
have the bearing and posture of a quetzal, which is subtly different
than that of a typical trogon. Whatever you call them, they are
splendid birds!

Mark

--
Mark Egger