[Tweeters] Okanogan & Douglas County Birding

Michael Fleming michaellf at myway.com
Mon Nov 5 19:51:12 PST 2007

I spent last weekend birding a few selected spots in Okanogan and Douglas Counties. Saturday I was in the Hart's Pass area for most of the day and then made a brief stop at Loop Loop Pass on my way to Okanogan. Sunday I was in the Bridgeport and Brewster areas for a good part of the day but also managed to do a little birding along Cameron Lake Road, and up on the Waterville Plateau. The weather ranged from wet and windy at Hart's Pass on Saturday to clear and pleasant all day Sunday. Highlights of the trip included:

AMERICAN THREE-TOED WOODPECKER - A pair of them approx. 1.5 miles from Hart's Pass

PINE GROSBEAK - A small flock of 7 - 10 birds about 2 miles from Hart's Pass

EVENING GROSBEAK - Hart's Pass area

PINE SISKIN - Hart's Pass area

WHITE-HEADED WOODPECKER - 3 individuals approx. 5.3 miles up the Cameron Lake Road from the city of Okanogan. Ron McCluskey had reported them there on Oct 22 (Inland NW Birders)

RED CROSSBILL - Central Ferry Canyon Road

PYGMY NUTHATCH - Central Ferry Canyon Road

NORTHERN SHRIKE - 1 near Mansfield and 1 near Withrow (Waterville Plateau)

PILEATED WOODPECKER - Loop Loop Campground

ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK - Waterville Plateau

Cheers and Good Birding;

Michael Fleming

Ballard, WA