Fwd: [Tweeters] Cattle egret appears - still @ UW @ 1:00pm

mattxyz at earthlink.net mattxyz at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 8 13:30:13 PST 2007

Hi Tweets -
To follow up on Connie's earlier post, the Cattle Egret was still
present between 12:30 & 1:00pm in the big field near the Montlake
Fill [UBNA...].

Matt Dufort's directions from yesterday are still the clearest for this field:
The Cattle Egret was out in the open grassy playing field north of
the soccer stadium - north and west of the "dime" lot [aka the E5
Lot]. This field is reached by crossing the footbridge at the
western edge of the Fill - the field is then on your right.

While I was watching, the Egret was way across the field on the
northwest corner -- as Connie said, it didn't seem disturbed by the
passing students and approaching birders -- feeding continued without
much interest in us.

Glad I was able to see the bird -- in a drastic violation of
protocol, I even cut out of the weekly Marymoor walk a little early
to give me time to chase this little guy. OK, so 'early' in Marymoor
terms meant I was only over there for 5 1/2 hrs, but still!

Matt Bartels
Seattle, WA