[Tweeters] Pacific County, 11 November 2007

Charlie Wright c.wright7 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 11 22:02:33 PST 2007

Hello All
Ryan Shaw and I birded from Cape Disappointment to Tokeland today. It was a
really good day with 101 species.
We stopped at Port of Ilwaco, where there was a really nice flock of gulls
sitting on roofs, including several Thayer's and a 1W GLAUCOUS GULL.
We did a seawatch from the North Head Lighthouse, despite strong gusts of
wind that made scoping tough. The wind had brought in rather good numbers of
shearwaters, including at least 200 SHORT-TAILED SHEARWATERS. Mixed in were
a few Sootys and at least one PINK-FOOTED SHEARWATER. There were 20-30 Brown
Pelicans and very small numbers of Heermann's Gulls. A Pomarine Jaeger also
flew through. Among a large raft of Western Grebes Ryan was able to pick out
a single CLARK'S.
At South Bend there were 15 Greater White-fronted Geese and 2 Peregrine
Falcons. A late Barn Swallow flew over the highway near Raymond.
A very large flock of Dusky Canada Geese was flying around the base of Toke
Point. At Tokeland, we scanned through the 600+ Marbled Godwits and 15
Willets, but could not find anything unusual this time.
Cheers
Charlie Wright
Bonney Lake, Washington