[Tweeters] Eurasian Widgeon, snow geese, Clark's grebe, Clark Co, WA

Bob Flores rflores_2 at msn.com
Mon Nov 12 13:52:31 PST 2007

I had 19 snow geese today on Lower River Rd near the sand mining company.

At Post Office Lake on Ridgefield NWR there was a Eurasian widgeon mixed in with a large group of American widgeon and others ducks. I observed it from the parkinglot at the end of Lower River Rd.

There were ten's of thousands of Canada/Cackling Canada geese all along Lower River Rd. One bird appeared to be a partial albino. Having a white neck and partial face the body speckled with white. At first I thought it could be a snow x Canada but the bill, even though it was pinkish, just did not look right. My observation was limited as the bird walked straight away from me and into the crowd.

Lake Vancouver I found a horned grebe and two Clark's mixed with several Western grebes. It was quite otherwise.