[Tweeters] Kent Tropical Kingbird, Yes.

Guy McWethy lguy_mcw at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 14 13:22:25 PST 2007

Tweets,
I ran down at lunch today to see the Tropical Kingbird
in Kent.
I found a single bird down 287th, hawking bugs from a
pine tree. He alternately perched on the wire, or
flew into the tree for awhile. He was possibly
gleaning insects from the tree as well.
I had great looks at his forked tail, large bill, and
bright yellow breast and belly.
One of the residents came out to talk to me while I
was there, and we had a pleasant talk, and I told him
about his rare visitor. He told me they also have a
"White Owl" flying in the neighborhood, and I assume
it is a Barn Owl. There are several abandoned
buildings in the area, with good habitat for one.
Also saw a Red-breasted Sapsucker working on his old
Apple trees, and a flock of about 30 Pine Siskins flew
in while we were talking.
Guy

Guy McWethy
Renton, WA