[Tweeters] Swans at the Kent Ponds

Mark Vernon ma_vern at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 14 16:42:57 PST 2007

This afternoon I visited the Kent Ponds, it was very busy. Thousands of Cackling Geese were flying over in waves. As I walked the south paved trail, 9 Swans flew overhead and landed in the central area of the ponds. I could not determine which type. Another single Swan was swimming in the NW corner of the ponds.

Among the Raptors the usual Red-tailed Hawks, Northern Harrier, Cooper's Hawk, Bald Eagle....a Peregrine Falcon and a Merlin.

On my way out I even ran into one of the Western Scrub Jays, that I usually see in this area.

Mark Vernon
Renton, WA
mailto ma_vern at yahoo.com