[Tweeters] yellow-shafted flicker

Christine Southwick clsouth at u.washington.edu
Thu Nov 15 12:48:31 PST 2007

Every winter I have yellow-shafted flickers and intergrades come to my suet. Most of the red-shafted flickers seem to leave.
In the spring the flicker population changes back to what we think of as the norm, red-shafted.
I usually have one or two intergrades who seem to go with either group-the males are easier to ID than the females.

Christine Southwick
N Seattle/Shoreline
clsouthwick at comcast.net