[Tweeters] American Dipper

Brew brewshome at wamail.net
Sat Nov 17 11:34:50 PST 2007

Hello Tweeters:

Just got back from fishing on the Cowlitz and on Thursday afternoon about 2 PM an American Dipper landed about 10 feet from where I was fishing and stayed for about 10 minutes, pulling out several salmon eggs while it was there. It fed at the water's edge, abut 20 feet east of the handicap walkway where it enters the water right by the boat launch. The location is the boat launch at the Barrier Dam on the Cowlitz. I saw this bird (don't know if it was the same one) again about 40 minutes later as it was flying a little farther upstream.

Jim Brewster
brewshome at wamail.net
253-761-3027