[Tweeters] birding wet wet Walla Walla Co.

mike denny m.denny at charter.net
Sat Nov 17 16:28:17 PST 2007

Hello All,

Today after a rainy night we left the house and went birding under heavy
overcast and light rain. That soon changed to heavy rain at times and then
partial clearing then rain, you get the picture. We observed the following
species of interest.....

Pacific Loon-2 birds at base of Ice Harbor Dam
Am. White Pelican-24 birds below Ice Harbor Dam on island.
Spotted Sandpiper-1 bird on Ice Harbor Dam
Western Gull-1 ad. below Ice Harbor Dam-this is bird # 251 for WW Co. this
year! This is the largest species diversity seen in one year in this county!
Glaucous Gull-1 first year bird on the poop piles.
Glaucous-winged Gull-8 birds at the poop piles.

That is it from very wet Walla Walla.
Later Mike

Mike & MerryLynn Denny
1354 S. E. Central Ave.
College Place, WA 99324
509.529.0080 (h)

IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN BIRDING, YOU HAVEN'T LIVED!