[Tweeters] Douglas and Grant County birds

merdave at homenetnw.net merdave at homenetnw.net
Sun Nov 18 18:39:19 PST 2007

Tweeters: Two of us did some birding in Douglas and Grant counties the
last couple of days. Weather was similiar, but the number of birds varied
considerably. On the 17th, only in Doug. Co. we had 12 Rough-legged
Hawks, 10 Red-tails, as well as 5 Shrikes,several Kestrels and some
Harriers.

Today, the 18th we birded part of Grant Co. also, between Grand Coulee and
Almira, as well as Douglas. We had 21 Rough-legs, 9 Red-tails, 8
Kestrels, as well as Harriers, Shrikes and one adult B.E. We also had a
Bewick's Swan at the small pond near the Barker Canyon Rd., west of Grand
Coulee. Meredith Spencer, Bridgeport, Wash. 98813