[Tweeters] Steptoe Butte

David Parent dpdvm at whidbey.com
Sun Nov 18 21:11:41 PST 2007

Hi Tweeters,

On Friday, November 16, my brother and I had a nice arctic/alpine bird
experience on Steptoe Butte, Whitman County. We started with two
ROUGH-LEGGED HAWKS at the highway junction. We then saw a NORTHERN SHRIKE
near the 'treeline'. Near the top we had a flock of GRAY-CROWNED
ROSY-FINCHES and a SNOW BUNTING. In the same area was group of three
probable COMMON REDPOLLS that we couldn't get a good look at.

This is always a nice place to visit with outstanding views.

Dave Parent, Freeland, WA