[Tweeters] Jays, Crows, Peanuts, Sodium Chloride, and Roasting of Legumes

Robert Pisano pisano at nwlink.com
Mon Nov 19 17:59:59 PST 2007

Gene,

Thanks for the prescient commentary.

Unfortunately, alfatoxins are abundant in nature anyway, though it's a
bit reassuring to suggest that roasting may at least abate the
occurrence in peanuts somewhat. Was there any indication how long it
took for these cancers to develop? (The life span of a Steller's Jay
is ca. 10 years).

Robert Pisano
Seattle