[Tweeters] Late Heermann's Gull

Carol Riddell cariddell at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 22 13:09:28 PST 2007

Hi Tweets,

I wandered down to the Edmonds public pier this morning, knowing in
my bones that Dennis Duffy and Ted Peterson would be there. They
were. Dennis is doing the county count this year and reached 248
birds for Snohomish County the other day with a Short-tailed
Shearwater off the pier. He's going for 250 or more and I was
salivating at what he might find for 249 this morning. Birds 249 and
250 will await another day but it was a nice morning for watching sea
birds. Of interest was a lone Heermann's Gull flying north. Its
navigational GPS must have been malfunctioning.

Carol Riddell
Edmonds