[Tweeters] Back yard Coopers Hawk

Julia N Allen DrJNA at comcast.net
Fri Nov 23 12:01:23 PST 2007

I have a very creative Coopers Hawk that frequents my back yard on a
daily basis.

I planted all kinds of native shrubs, intermixed with rhodies, to
create habitat and cover for the birds. I also have 4 bird feeders.

The Coopers Hawk comes in, perches on top of one of the bird feeders
or on a railing, watches, then hops down to the ground and runs
around underneath the bushes like a chicken. When he scares
something out from the branches above, he emerges in hot pursuit. He
will go back and forth through the yard this way until he either
catches something, or moves on to somewhere else.

Julia N Allen
DrJNA at comcast.net