[Tweeters] Wigeons, Goldeneyes and a River Otter

Whitney H ms_whitneyk at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 26 11:15:05 PST 2007

Tweeters -

The large flock of Am. Wigeons is still active on our beach 24/7. Lately they have been joined by a few Surf Scoters, Western Grebes, a Pacific Loon and now Common Goldeneyes have begun to show up. This am, I was able to see the Wigeons and Goldeneyes enjoying the beach and the calm water, along with one of our resident Double-crested Cormorants.

I walked down a bit to an abandoned cement breakfront that has stairs and a couple of wonderful trees where I usually see the Cooper's Hawk, but only saw Black-capped Chickadees in the branches above twittering about. Suddenly, down the stairs in a "snuffle-snort" and a grunt... one of our local River Otters flew past me, straight into the tide... only to come back and check me out before heading south towards another part of the beach! I think it was taking a nap and heard me sniffling as I was watching the Chickadees.

I have posted a few pictures from this am's walk if you would like to view them! Click on any of the images to get larger views.

Whitney H.
Des Moines, WA