[Tweeters] Early Eagles on the Skagit River

Zuckerbond Zuckerbond at comcast.net
Mon Nov 26 14:05:37 PST 2007

On Saturday we drove up I-5 N to Hwy 20, east up to Marblemount, then back
on 530 through Darrington and Arlington. Occasional snow showers did not
deter us from our goal of seeing Bald Eagles along the Skagit River. We also
enjoyed fine views of 30+ Swans in the fields E of I-5 along the frontage
road from the Conway Shell up to the Alpaca farm. There were more Swans
flying through town in Sedro-Wooley. I am new to Swans, so I do not know
which species we were seeing.

We saw 19 Bald Eagles, mostly in the Rockport area, 14 adult, 5 juv/imm. We
stopped at most of the signed interpretative areas, but the best spot was
the WDFW parking area off Martin Rd, just south of the Skagit River off 530.
See the map at http://www.skagiteagle.org/Wildlife/eagle-watching-sites.htm

Mary Bond, Seattle

Zuckerbond at comcast dot net