[Tweeters] Grebes

Michael Dossett phainopepla at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 27 15:14:55 PST 2007

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delayed post but I didn't have email access over the Thanksgiving weekend. I did a little birding over the weekend in Edmonds, Kenmore and Mukilteo. Mostly just saw the usual suspects although I did have an Eared Grebe on Thanksgiving morning at Brackett's Landing in Edmonds.

I also wanted to solicit opinions on a Grebe I photographed at Logboom Park in Kenmore. The first two links below show what I believe was the same bird (taken about 15 minutes apart) and the 3rd link is one of the typical Western Grebe that it was with. The facial pattern is suggestive of a possible Clark's Grebe but other features such as back color and bill color haven't sold me on that idea. It was an intriguing bird to observe in any event and I am curious to hear what other people's opinions are on it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Phainopepla/WesternGrebe_D890.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Phainopepla/WesternGrebe_D892.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Phainopepla/WesternGrebe_D891.jpg

Michael Dossett