[Tweeters] Yacolt Parakeet Update

Louise Rutter louise.rutter at eelpi.gotdns.org
Tue Nov 27 21:20:56 PST 2007

At least they only got three of the birds in their extermination plan, and
at least you put the effort in and tried. Maybe if you sent your details of
the alternatives to the media instead of the electric company? If the locals
who want to keep the birds knew there was a middle ground, I'm sure they'd
make the effort to take it.

They really are beautiful birds - evil, noisy invaders they may be, but I
lived with London's ring-necked parakeets for enough years to see both sides
of the argument, and I think a bird smart and adaptable enough to make a new
home for itself in an alien world deserves a chance.

Louise Rutter
Kirkland