FW: [Tweeters] Yacolt Parakeet Update

Thomas Mansfield tmiseattle at msn.com
Wed Nov 28 04:37:44 PST 2007

I passed along the Yacolt Parakeet story to KING and per the email below, they aired it. Hopefully, this will add more pressure.

Tom Mansfield, Seattle.

From: newstips at king5.comTo: tmiseattle at msn.comSubject: RE: [Tweeters] Yacolt Parakeet UpdateDate: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 23:43:31 -0600

We are actually doing this story tonight at 10 and 11.

_______________________________________Elizabeth BermanAssignment EditorKING 5 TV206-448-3850

From: Thomas Mansfield [mailto:tmiseattle at msn.com] Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:32 PMTo: newstips at king5.comSubject: FW: [Tweeters] Yacolt Parakeet Update

Turns out your sister station is on this - but it is a worthy story.> To: tweeters at u.washington.edu> Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 19:26:11 -0800> From: gorgebirds at juno.com> Subject: [Tweeters] Yacolt Parakeet Update> > Tweeters,> > Last night the Clark county PUD did remove the five Monk Parakeet> nests in Yacolt but were only able to capture and euthanize three of the> estimated fifty parakeets. The next step in the plan is to have USDA> personnel shoot the remaining birds with air rifles. The Portland news> station is running a public opinion survey on the removal of the nests,> so far it is 53% against and 40 for the removal. If you would like to> voice your opinion the web address for the news station and the poll is:> http://www.KGW.com/> Contact information for the Clark County PUD is 360-992-3000, the> person who has been their spokesperson is Lena Wittler.> > Wilson Cady> Washougal, WA> _______________________________________________> Tweeters mailing list> Tweeters at u.washington.edu> http://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/tweeters