FW: [Tweeters] Yacolt Parakeet Update

Jim Danzenbaker jdanzenbaker at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 16:08:30 PST 2007

Tweeters,

I was watching the news on NWCN this afternoon and they mentioned that
there would be no further attempt to kill the Monk Parakeets (they
called them Quaker Parrots that are sometimes called Monk Parakeets)
in Yacolt. Instead, the powers that be (aka Clark County PUD with
bird rescue groups) will try to catch them all and try to tame them so
people can have them as pets. Three birds were caught and euthenized
before this decision was made (according to NWCN).
--
Jim Danzenbaker
Battle Ground, WA
jdanzenbaker at gmail.com