[Tweeters] Monk Parakeets Live and Let Die

B & P Bell bellasoc at isomedia.com
Wed Nov 28 16:54:44 PST 2007

Hi Tweets

The subject of Monk Parakeets becoming agricultural pests is not academic.
There have been colonies down in California and they have definitely been an
agricultural pest in areas of commericial fruit growing. It may be nice to
see them, but I wonder if we want to take the risk of another introduced
species causing long-term problems? Anyone with more detailed information on
the potential long-term consequences is more than welcome to pass it on to
us.

Brian H. Bell
Woodinville WA
bell asoc at isomedia dot com