[Tweeters] kennedy creek and point defiance

Bryan Owens obryan214 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 17:39:56 PST 2007

Hello,
Monday at the Kennedy Creek Salmon Trail I was waiting for a school group when 2 Bald Eagles flew over the parking lot. On the creek while guiding we myself and a couple of the parents heard another eagle. Not much else for bird life except the hundred or so gulls the kids scared up. For a moment it looked like a scene from Alfred Hitcocks The Bird as they were flying all over us. I'm a volunteer trail guide there btw. This weekend is our last for the year so if your interested just google Kennedy Creek or South Puget Sound Salmon Enhancement Group. I can't remember the website adress or if I mispelled one of those words. I'll be there saturday though ifanyone wants to come watch Chum Salmon spawning. Atleast one other tweeter here keeps an eye on the estuary, while the fishermen aren't there.
At Pt. Defiance their were atleast a dozen Goldeneye, a pair of Hooded Mergansers and a smaller dark colored diving bird that was to far to I.D. Plus 2 eagles and several gulls. I walked the water front from the Boathouse to Owen Beach and back. Didn't have time for the duck pond or 5 Mile Drive.
Bryan Owens
Tacoma Wa.
obryan214 at yahoo.com