[Tweeters] Interesting Job Listing

Rob Conway robin_birder at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 29 11:34:54 PST 2007

Tweets,

I came across this job listing while searching for consulting opportunities. It requires very specific skill sets (Masters/PhD in Avian Biology and work in wind power) and I thought that it was interesting enough to pass along to a group of people who not only have the skills, but also the passion to do this kind of work. I have no association whatsoever with this firm (Jones and Stokes) and I'm passing this along only to let people know what kind of career op's are out there for environmental consultants. This particular job pays 6 figures...so a passion for birds can actually = money. :-) I'm off to work in Italy for the next couple of months (back for the holidays and CBC's)...doing operational studies in the Spa Industry (no kidding, I actually get paid very well for this!)

Good Birding

Rob

http://www.jonesandstokes.com/careers/careers.htm

Senior Avian Biologist/Project Manager - Wind Energy – NorCal, SoCal or PNW Responsibilities: This individual will be responsible for managing the preparation of avian (and bat) monitoring and mortality studies required for the siting and permitting of wind generation facilities. Such studies will include detailed statistical analysis of the risk associated with bird strikes and morbidity and species as covered under the Endangered Species Act, the Migratory Bird Treaty Act and listed State species. The successful candidate will also be required to manage the preparation of NEPA, CEQA and State environmental documents, including EIS, EAs, EIRs and MNDs as well as other Federal, state and local permits as required. This position also involves the supervision of project staff, management of schedules and budgets efficiently; ensure quality of documents; act as the main point of contact with client; attend meetings and hearings and make public presentations as required; contribute to the research and writing of documents as needed. The position also requires that the individual participate in business development activities, including client prospecting, proposal development and interviews. Requirements: PhD or Masters Degree in Ornithology or closely related biological discipline, with 10+ years of experience with an emphasis on wind energy siting studies, project development and operations as well as post project monitoring and mitigation. Project experience in California and Washington is preferable but similar work experience in other states will be considered. The successful applicant for this position can be located in any of our firms offices In California: Sacramento, Oakland, Irvine or San Diego; or in our Portland, Oregon or Bellevue, Washington offices. NCR-07-90

Rob Conway Preston / Fall City, WAlatitude 47 32' 20" , longitude -121 54' 42" robin_birder at hotmail.com