[Tweeters] Tundra Swan at Marymoor and others

Mark Vernon ma_vern at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 30 11:40:39 PST 2007

This morning I found the Tundra Swan in the Sammamish River just below the bridges that cross the river into Marymoor Park. Nearby were 10 Gadwalls, so that is where they are. Also two Common Goldeneyes. I really enjoyed the clouds of Cackling Geese! I also found the juvenile Snow Goose, among Canada and Cackling Geese, not too far from the climbing rock.

On my way out along the Sammamish River Trail I found a Eurasian Wigeon among 16 American Wigeons. This was right where the habitat construction along the river is taking place! Another highlight was being flashed by a Ruby-crowned Kinglet, who was really fluffing out his red crown.

Mark Vernon
Renton, WA
mailto ma_vern at yahoo.com