[Tweeters] Juncos and Ravens in Elma

Tim O'Brien kertim7179 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 17:47:13 PDT 2007

Just adding to the thread of juncos in the lowlands.  I seem to be the oddball because I have had juncos around the yard for about 2 weeks now.  In the last week, I have been hearing Golden-crowned Sparrow song in the neighborhood and the chips of Fox Sparrows.  I put a roof on the house two weekends ago and in the early morning I heard Varied Thrush singing.  The winter birds are definitely here in the lower Chehalis river valley.

  Speaking of ravens, it seems we have a breeding population of ravens on the hill I live in Elma.  Throughout the year, I seem or hear them almost everyday.  There is a lot of interaction with the crows around town too.  Its amusing to watch the ravens doing barrel-rolls while crows are mobbing them.

  Tim O'Brien
  Elma, WA
  mailto: kertim7179 at yahoo.com