[Tweeters] New website for birding in South Central Alaska

Georgia antep9 at aol.com
Sat Oct 6 10:49:47 PDT 2007

If anyone plans to bird Alaska in the future, the Mat-Su Birders are a great source of information.? And,?now they have a website:? www.matsubirders.org.??Mat-Su?refers to?Matanuska-Susitna which is formed by the drainage area of these two rivers?located to the north of Anchorage.? Often birders who are headed to the Pribilofs, Nome/Gambell, Dutch, Homer, and/or Barrow?check out various spots in?Anchorage, and they miss?the wonders of?the Mat-Su area because they don't know about it.? The Palmer Hay Flats, Jim-Swan Lakes, Hatcher Pass, Wet Gulch, and Reflection Lake are just a few of the spots - I've birded them all and saw many of my target birds there.??A great event is hawk watch weekend, normally the 3rd weekend of April.? Anyway, I thought you'd like to check out the website and save it for future use.?

Also,?Anchorage Audubon Society is about to launch their new website, and I'll post a notice when?it's up and running.?

Georgia Conti
West Seattle