[Tweeters] another late Swainson's

Scott Atkinson scottratkinson at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 9 09:18:49 PDT 2007

Tweeters:

At 8:15 pm approx last night I heard another late SWAINSON'S THRUSH up here at the place in n. Lake Stevens, this time an overflight bird from the front yard.  This one thus eclipsed the two Oct 4 birds for latest ever here.

I don't know if others noted it, but I as amazed by a report of two OLIVE-SIDED FLYCATCHERS (and an Empidonax flycatcher, sp.) from the Victoria, BC area Oct. 6.  There was also a WILLOW FLYCATCHER report from up there in the first week of Oct.  For the Olive-sided, I believe that is just about two weeks beyond WA's latest ever, a really exceptional date.  And any Empid past Oct. 1 (except for perhaps Hammond's, which were just about absent everywhere I went this fall) seems quite late, although I recall a very few Pac-slope reports as late as Oct 10-11, very, very late.

Scott Atkinson
Lake Stevens
mail to:  scottratkinson at hotmail.com