[Tweeters] Bird Identification Help

Bob Norton norton36 at olypen.com
Sat Sep 1 13:12:08 PDT 2007

Dianna and Craig,
    I would disagree as I think it is a Hermit Thrush. It has a clear white
eyering, no buff on the face and while it is  not red the tail is obviously
a more reddish tail than the surrounding back color. In my experience the
Swainson's always appears as a warm buffy color on the eyering and on the
face and is a warm buffy brown on the back with the same color on the tail.
    I would be interested in what others think.
Bob Norton
norton36 at olypen.com
Joyce (near Port Angeles), WA