[Tweeters] Grant County Migrants

Doug Schonewald dschone8 at donobi.net
Sat Sep 1 20:59:21 PDT 2007

Hi Tweets,

Today we birded Sun Lakes State Park, Steamboat Rock State Park, and Fiddle
Creek/Cole Park (in Coulee Dam).

Migrant activity was quite high, especially Warbling Vireos which seemed to
be everywhere.

Warblers were also in evidence, with the following species seen at most
sites: MacGillivray's, Townsend's, Wilson's, Nashville, Yellow-rumped,
Yellow, Yellow, and Orange-crowned.

White-crowned Sparrows finally showed up in good numbers at several
locations, but we have yet to see any Lincoln's in Grant County for the fall
season.

Less common birds we were able to locate included:

Red-eyed Vireo - Sun Lakes/Steamboat Rock/Fiddle Creek
Olive-sided Flycatcher - Sun Lakes
Fox Sparrow (slate-colored race)- Steamboat Rock
Common Tern - Banks Lake, Coulee City
Willow Flycatcher - Sun Lakes

Cheers

Doug Schonewald