[Tweeters] FINE-A-LEE!!

Rolan Nelson rnbuffle at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 8 18:29:33 PDT 2007

Greetings All,

No big news except that it took so long! Many of you know that I have been monitoring the self-named 100 Acre Woods in NE Lakewood (Pierce County) for a number of years now. Over two years ago, a student at Clover Park Tech. College pointed out a GREAT HORNED OWL to her professor, who reported it to me. After two years of searching I am finally able to report bird number 107 for the site! This morning a very irritated GHOW was staring down a noisy bunch of Chickadees when I happened upon the scene. I was so delighted that I sat down on the trail and just watched with joy as the Chickadees finally moved on and the owl finally closed his eyes.`

Ain't birding fun!

-Rolan

Rolan Nelson
Lakewood, WA