[Tweeters] Birds in the News 98 (v3n25) -- Alex the Parrot Memorial Edition (link)

Devorah Bennu birdologist at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 10 10:46:18 PDT 2007

Hello Tweets,

by now, I am sure you've all heard the devastating
news that Alex, the African grey parrot who worked
with Irene Pepperberg, died unexpectedly on 7
September. Included in this edition of Birds in the
News is a link to a story about this tragic event, and
more news will be available on my blog as it becomes
available to me.

Anyway, this edition of Birds in the News features a
wonderful image donated by Dave Rintoul, the listowner
for BirdChat. This image shows the similar looking
species of grebes next to each other; Clarke's and
Western. Are they separate species? I'd be interested
to read your thoughts about this matter if you wish to
share them in the readers' comments area.

http://scienceblogs.com/grrlscientist/2007/09/birds_in_the_news_98_v3n25.php

Devorah
Central Park