[Tweeters] Mostly Oyehut and Midway today

Stefan Schlick greenfant at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 15 23:02:29 PDT 2007

About 15 Golden-Plovers of both varieties and about 5 Buff-breasted Sandpipers continue at Oyehut at about 1pm. I also heard a Lapland Longspur rattle, but did not see the bird. Didn't see the Ruff.

The Black-legged Kittiwake at the Ocean Shores WTP continues. That was at about 2:30pm.

A late stop at Midway just before sunset produced 6 Semipalmated Plovers, 1 Pectoral Sandpiper, 1 Buff-breasted Sandpiper and 1 Streaked Horned Lark, all playing about in the first dried-up pond due north. I didn't have to look for more. Between this dried-up pond and the water were about 15 Snowy Plovers. A Merlin cruised through the area late. The steady stream of Sooty Shearwaters heading south was amazing to watch.

Stefan Schlick
Hillsboro, OR