[Tweeters] Walla Walla River delta birding

mike denny m.denny at charter.net
Sun Sep 16 16:07:55 PDT 2007

Hello All,
Once again the Walla Walla River delta has changed managers from the USF&W
as part of McNary NWR back into the hands of the DOD and the US Army Corps
of EngIneers. This could mean something is under foot and most likely not
good for the delta area. I will find out. We birded this outstanding site
this morning and in the midst of a blasting wind storm that covered the area
in a huge dust cloud. Bird seen against a dark wall of dust were....

Sanderling...............3 birds
Bairds Sandpiper.....8 birds
Caspian Tern...........1 bird
Forsters Tern...........1 bird
Herring Gulls...........3 birds
Glaucous-winged Gull..1 ad.
Am. Wigeon.............200 +
Great Egret................2 birds

That is it.
Later Mike

Mike & MerryLynn Denny
1354 S. E. Central Ave.
College Place, WA  99324
509.529.0080 (h)

IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN BIRDING, YOU HAVEN'T LIVED!