[Tweeters] request info or advisory concerning initial scope purchase.

Maureen E Ellis mj2ephd at u.washington.edu
Wed Sep 19 13:38:37 PDT 2007

Thanks Jim and it's just fine that you are a Kowa rep. I'm cc'ing my reply to Tweeters at large because other folks may like to know that you offer Kowas. Right now I may have an opportunity for a private purchase of an older Nikon scope/Bogan tripod package from another Tweeter. Kowa would be a consideration when I want to look at new scopes down the road. Right now, I just want to have equipment that will get me through the Winter Seabird Survey at a price my immediate budget can handle (my policy is to buy only what I can pay for outright, other than my mortgage and maybe a car.) Getting recruited for the survey was a nice surprise, and my needing a $cope very soon was unexpected. I appreciate most all the responses I've gotten was various Tweeter folks, very educational and mostly helpful.
Thanks again, me2
Maureen Ellis, PhD, Research Scientist
Woods Lab, Toxicology Group at Roos 1, Box 354695
Lab/Office phone: 206-685-1938 Email: mj2ephd at u.washington.edu
DEOHS, SPHCM, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195
"The highway of life is full of flat squirrels that
couldn't make up their minds." ____unknown

"To succeed, jump as quickly at opportunities
as you do at conclusions." ____Ben Franklin

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ____Ghandi