[Tweeters] Thanks for many replies to my 'what-to-buy' scope inquiry.

Maureen E Ellis mj2ephd at u.washington.edu
Thu Sep 20 17:04:44 PDT 2007

Another Tweeter has a good quality used Nikon scope and spare Bogan/Manfrotto 3221WN tripod that will work just fine for my seabird and waterbird surveys for my current budget/fair price.  And, the seller then gets to move up to an even spiffier carbon-fiber Bogan tripod and a Swarovski truly spiffy scope.  I will need to buy a mount; the 3130 (which I tried, and it's great!) is the best choice.  Win-win, indeed.
Again, thanks to all of you for lots of useful information about scopes, mounts, tripods and lenses.
Cheers, me2
Maureen Ellis, PhD, Research Scientist
Woods Lab, Toxicology Group at Roos 1, Box 354695
Lab/Office phone:  206-685-1938  Email:  mj2ephd at u.washington.edu
DEOHS, SPHCM, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195
"The highway of life is full of flat squirrels that couldn't make up their
minds."   ____unknown

"To succeed, jump as quickly at opportunities
as you do at conclusions."   ____Ben Franklin

"Be the change you want to see in the world."   ____Ghandi