[Tweeters] Re: birds in Hollywood movies > Europe

Paul Hicks phicks at accessgrace.org
Fri Sep 21 16:15:13 PDT 2007

Tweets, My non-birder wife has threatened to walk out of the threatre if I
complain about one more out-of-place bird. All in fun, of course. I wonder
if European-based films are an improvement. I can almost count on a good
Tawny Owl call in a movie/TV show set in Europe/England if there's a
suspenseful night scene. (It can make your hair stand on end.) I'm fuzzy on
the list (I don't keep track), but it includes (if I recall) the last James
Bond film and Pride and Prejudice. The latter along with Becoming Jane have
a lot of wonderful "indigenous" birdsong (Blackbird, Robin, Dunnock, etc),
and I wonder how much is "piped in" and how much is live. And if it's live,
whether it's intentional.
-- Paul Hicks / phicks AT accessgrace.org