[Tweeters] Leucistic Northern Flicker in my Yard (Picture)

Roger Windemuth roger at windemuths.com
Sat Sep 22 15:07:22 PDT 2007

I just took a picture of a leucistic Northern Flicker in my yard here in
Brush Prairie (Hockinson), WA.    It was with a group of other flickers.  I
was hoping to get more pictures but it flew off before I had the chance.  It
was just last week that I took a picture of a leucistic Swallow at
Ridgefield NWR.  Two birds does not a year make, but perhaps this is the
year for leucistic birds??  The picture I took of the Flicker can be seen at
http://lumiscapephotography.smugmug.com/gallery/1105516#198930121.  If you
haven't seen the pictures of the leucistic Swallow, go one page previous
from the Northern Flicker.

Roger Windemuth
roger at windemuths.com