[Tweeters] Hawk ID help needed ...

Bob Sundstrom ixoreus at scattercreek.com
Thu Sep 27 09:30:55 PDT 2007

Your first hunch was correct. The photo shows a Red-tailed Hawk adult,
fairly typical of many in the Northwest that show a light rusty wash across
the upper breast. You can see in the photo just a corner of the rusty brown
tail of an adult. Possibly the bird's more alert posture shows a heightened
awareness to movement nearby. Nice photo!

Good birding, Bob

A bird designed to puzzle birders from eastern N. America, who see much
paler adults on average.