[Tweeters] Discovery Park Marmot

Brenda Burnett beaknbird at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 6 20:52:43 PDT 2008

I noted the marmot posts with only mild interest until I remembered that when my husband and I walked in Discovery Park last Saturday, we saw this creature! We not only saw it, we watched it for about 10 minutes. It was on the path mentioned, and we assumed it was either a nutria or a muskrat. We focused on the tail as key because it was long and covered with reddish fur. When I got home, I looked online at photos of nutria and muskrat, and both had bare, hairless tails. I shrugged and left it at that. Must've been the marmot. Do mountain beavers have tails like that? The Google images don't show a tail at all on mt. beavers.

Brenda Burnett

Seattle

beaknbird at hotmail dot com