[Tweeters] Yesterday at the Fill

Megan M. Matthews gavigan at u.washington.edu
Wed Apr 9 16:14:22 PDT 2008

Hi all,

Spent an hour at the Fill after work yesterday. Highlights included a VIRGINIA RAIL foraging at the edge of the Southwest Pond, and a SAVANNAH SPARROW on the trail (my first, but then again I'm new at this). Two life birds for me! I also spent some time watching a Great Blue Heron who was being soundly harassed by the crows. Looked like he actually dropped his dinner as they swarmed him...I also met a young man named Sam who is one heck of a birder. :) Happy birding!