[Tweeters]: Edmonds Marsh 04/15/08 and hummingbirds

Kevin Mack kevin_mack at comcast.net
Tue Apr 15 22:22:10 PDT 2008

Hi All,

I stopped by Edmonds Marsh for about 20 minutes after work today to visit my
favorite Anna's Hummingbird. He was right where he always is, defending a
territory at the northwest corner of the marsh. I managed to get a decent,
although heavily backlit, shot of him as he sat above me on a branch. If
you would like to see the image it can be found in my New Photos gallery
here: http://www.goatislandimages.com/photogalleries.htm There's also a
macro shot of a fly in there. If anyone is good at insect identification I
would love to hear your opinion on the ID of this fly :o).

Other species that were spotted at the marsh today are listed below in the
order they were sighted.

Edmonds Marsh, April 15, 2008 4 pm

European Starling

House Sparrow

Anna's Hummingbird

House Finch

American Robin

Glaucous-winged Gull

American Crow

Red-winged Blackbird

Bushtit

Black-capped Chickadee

Marsh Wren

Northern Flicker

Spotted Towhee

Common Snipe

Chestnut-backed Chickadee

American Goldfinch

Pine Siskin

One last item of interest. On April 3rd at my work I was tasked with
returning two young Anna's Hummingbirds to their nest. They had been
accidentally knocked out of the nest by a woman who was pruning her cedar
tree. I wrote about the incident in an e-newsletter. If you are interested
in checking it out, it can be found here:
http://www.paws.org/about/emailnetwork/archive/wildagain/html_2008_04.html

Happy birding!

Kevin Mack

Edmonds, WA