[Tweeters] Montlake Fill Tuesday a.m.

Brien Meilleur brienm at live.com
Tue Apr 29 11:28:55 PDT 2008

Hello Tweets,
Three runs to the Montlake Fill (aka, the "dump" for those of us who grew up here), two yesterday and one this morning, failed to turn up the Clay-colored Sparrow reported by Matt, though I found the mixed flock of White- and Golden-Crowns in which it was apparently hanging. Nevertheless, this morning was very birdy, and I found a Cassin's Vireo, Hermit Thrush and a Western Tanager along with the usuals and migrants. The best area still seems to be due south of the Center for Urban Horticulture main building, especially along the chain-link fence line bordering the willow-alder thicket (the birds seem to build up there before deciding to jump across the field to the north). The planted area immediately to the southwest of the same building was also very productive. The tanager was in the alder-cottonwood area south of there.
Good birding,
Brien Meilleur
Lake Forest Park, WA
brienm at live.com

Back to work after baby–how do you know when you’re ready?