[Tweeters] Otters in Seattle

John Nez nez at jps.net
Tue Aug 12 18:40:41 PDT 2008

A family of 4 otters has been sighted in Seattle... at urb hort...
which I find very exciting, having birded in the area for years and
never before having seen one!

There have been nutria forever, destroying the local woods... but never
before have I seen otters. They're so playful and a delight to watch.
Elusive doesn't begin to describe how hard it is to find them up
close... for as soon as you see one within 20 feet of your location,
they're gone.

It is heartening to see that they seem to be reproducing and thriving
here. I have photos and a movie too!

Also sighted a sora and the elusive green heron.

John