[Tweeters] Common Mergansers in Everett

jeff gibson gibsondesign at msn.com
Wed Aug 6 16:44:33 PDT 2008

A quick scan of the Maulsby Mudflats on the Everett waterfront this afternoon revealed a raft of 50 + COMMON MERGANSERS, plus a few others scattered around. Some peep's around (this at low tide) but they took off before I could get a good look. Seems a bit early for the mergansers.

I've been looking and listening for Purple Martins here since May 6 when I saw a half dozen or so checking out the nest boxes but hav'nt seen or heard any since - albeit with limited time on my sporadic visits. Starlings were using the nest boxes closest to shore later in May.

Jeff Gibson, Everett Wa.