[Tweeters] Western Screech Owl calls [Neil Zimmerman]

J. Acker owler at sounddsl.com
Thu Aug 7 17:18:34 PDT 2008

I associate the bark call with danger, or an alarm. When I had nesting
WESOs (Western Screech Owl) years ago, I used to sleep with the window open.
On one occasion I was awakened to bark calls, and when I went outside, I was
nearly run over by a raccoon. On another occasion, when there were recently
fledged WESOs, I heard the "whoooah" call of a barred owl when I stepped
outside and the next morning I found juvenile WESO feathers in the driveway.

J. Acker

Bainbridge Island, WA

Owler at sounddsl.com

A voice unspoken (or unwritten) is a voice unheard.

Be heard!

_____