[Tweeters] PIne Grosbeak - East of Rainy Pass, Hwy 20

Marcus.D.Roening at gsk.com Marcus.D.Roening at gsk.com
Mon Dec 1 17:43:43 PST 2008

Hi Tweets,

At 11:30am today, Heather and I found the only sunshine on our long weekend
at the top of the North Cascades. The roads were bare and wet, with only
2-3" of snow in the passes. We pulled out a the Bridgecreek Trail
trailhead, which is east of Rainy Pass and the trailhead for the PacCrest
trail heading north. We had several PIne Grosbeaks calling from the
largest firs near the lot and then an adult female was kind enough to tee
up on an even closer and shorter fir. The situation got even better when a
flock of adult females and immatures decided to pick up gravel off of the
highway - beautiful!

Good Birding,

Marcus Roening
GSK - Critical & Supportive Care