[Tweeters] Swainson's Hawk Continues

gorgebirds at juno.com gorgebirds at juno.com
Mon Dec 1 20:58:53 PST 2008

The actual Shillapoo Lake is the dry to partially flooded area on
your left just before the end of the road north of Vancouver Lake Park.
This is a State Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDF&W) pheasant hunting
area where birds are released for that purpose. I never noticed
"Shillapoo Lake" on the sign at LaFrambois Rd. and will actually look at
it the next time I am down there. I have always referred to the area as
"LaFramboise Rd.", this is also a WDF&W hunting area where besides
pheasants there is a small boat launch used by duck hunters at this time
of the year and access to the lake shore for birding during low water.
Both of these sites require a WDF&W access permit and at least on the
Shillapoo site you have to wear hunter's orange for safety.
No wonder my wife and I couldn't find the Swaainson's Hawk on

Wilson Cady
Washougal, WA
Compete with the big boys. Click here to find products to benefit your business.