[Tweeters] Red-shouldered Hawk still around in Kent, WA

Kathy Andrich chukarbird at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 7 20:00:00 PST 2008

Hi Tweeters,

I had time for a quick Kent Valley cruise and almost more notable than the Red-shouldered Hawk was the lack of waterfowl. Absolutely none at 204th or the fields around Smith Brothers. Pretty weird but I haven't birded Kent in about 2 weeks. No eagles around to blame that I saw.

The Red-shouldered Hawk was perched relatively high in a tree inside the Green River Natural Area, aka Kent Ponds, then flew the Osprey platform and did not flush for once when I got a scope on it. The rain must have helped. This is just south of the King County Animal shelter on 64th (I think...)

I saw one Western Scrub Jay on Frager S of Meeker near the bridge.

Kathy
Roosting in Kent, near Lake Meridian
(chukarbird at yahoo dot com)
Any driving directions contained within this message are given as a courtesy, beware, author is directionally challenged and will not vouch for them.