[Tweeters] Skagit Bohemian Waxwings

Gary Bletsch garybletsch at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 20 19:03:57 PST 2008

Dear Tweeters,

Thanks so much to Michael Willison (sp?) for the Bohemian Waxwing report.

Today I went to the Fir Island Game Range (Skagit County) and met up with the redoubtable Joel Brady-Power. We hiked out to the far end of the new dike, and sure enough, there were seven BOHEMIAN WAXWINGS out there. After we watched them foraging on small red fruit way out on the dike, a Merlin spooked them. They flew east, then west, high up in the air, then settled out in some trees about halfway between the end of the public access and Hayton Preserve. We also got a great look at a Virginia Rail out there. We even watched it fly, not something I have seen rails do very many times.

Yours truly,

Gary Bletsch   Near Lyman, Washington (Skagit County), USA   garybletsch at yahoo.com